Hot News:

Unser Angebot:

Foren auf CAD.de (alle Foren)
  FLUENT
  Coaxial rotating cylinders

Antwort erstellen  Neues Thema erstellen
CAD.de Login | Logout | Profil | Profil bearbeiten | Registrieren | Voreinstellungen | Hilfe | Suchen

Anzeige:

Darstellung des Themas zum Ausdrucken. Bitte dann die Druckfunktion des Browsers verwenden. | Suche nach Beiträgen nächster neuer Beitrag | nächster älterer Beitrag
Autor Thema:  Coaxial rotating cylinders (1325 mal gelesen)
Xiana
Mitglied
phD student

Sehen Sie sich das Profil von Xiana an!   Senden Sie eine Private Message an Xiana  Schreiben Sie einen Gästebucheintrag für Xiana

erstellt am: 29. Mai. 2007 17:21    Editieren oder löschen Sie diesen Beitrag!  <-- editieren / zitieren -->   Antwort mit Zitat in Fett Antwort mit kursivem Zitat    Unities abgeben: 1 Unity (wenig hilfreich, aber dennoch)2 Unities3 Unities4 Unities5 Unities6 Unities7 Unities8 Unities9 Unities10 Unities

Hi,
I am simulating the flow between 2 rotating coaxial cylinders with radius of 0,25 and 0,20 m. I´ve defined my inlet, a ring at the bottom of the anular space, like a velocity inlet with 1m/s in axial direction, the outlet, a ring at the top, like a pressure outlet and the fluid like a reference frame which rotates at 1000rpm. I´ve used the Reynolds Stress Model to model the turbulence but I still have a lot of problems to get a converged solution. The residuals remain high and with oscillations, specially the continuity, because ich have a lot of reversed flow and the balance of mass flow doesn´t agree. Can anyone help me to loose this problem?!

Thank you very much

Xiana

Eine Antwort auf diesen Beitrag verfassen (mit Zitat/Zitat des Beitrags) IP

Ulrich Heck
OpenFOAM Tool Entwicklung

Sehen Sie sich das Profil von Ulrich Heck an!   Senden Sie eine Private Message an Ulrich Heck  Schreiben Sie einen Gästebucheintrag für Ulrich Heck

CastNet (DHCAE Tools)
OpenFOAM
CalculiX

erstellt am: 30. Mai. 2007 08:38    Editieren oder löschen Sie diesen Beitrag!  <-- editieren / zitieren -->   Antwort mit Zitat in Fett Antwort mit kursivem Zitat    Unities abgeben: 1 Unity (wenig hilfreich, aber dennoch)2 Unities3 Unities4 Unities5 Unities6 Unities7 Unities8 Unities9 Unities10 Unities Nur für Xiana 10 Unities + Antwort hilfreich

Hi Xiana,

is there a special reason to use the Reynolds-Stress model? The turbulence seems to be almost caused by the shear conditions and if your flow is almost axial than other turbulence models (such as realizable k-eps) should work as well and run more stable. Of course if you have large swirls (as in cyclones) you have to use Reynolds-Stress.
Maybe there is no need to use the reference frame model. You can also define a rotating wall by applying the angular velocity on the wall.
I sometimes make the experience that the solver has problems to converge, when the pressure outlet isn't on a physical isobaric surface, meaning that there is a pressure gradient in the outlet. Maybe you can arrange the outlet surface, that it is almost isobaric.
Maybe you should consider as well another initialization of the solution.
I hope this helps

Ulrich

------------------
Dr.-Ing. Ulrich Heck
ulrich_heck@dhcae.de
http://www.dhcae.de

Eine Antwort auf diesen Beitrag verfassen (mit Zitat/Zitat des Beitrags) IP

Anzeige.:

Anzeige: (Infos zum Werbeplatz >>)

Darstellung des Themas zum Ausdrucken. Bitte dann die Druckfunktion des Browsers verwenden. | Suche nach Beiträgen

nächster neuerer Beitrag | nächster älterer Beitrag
Antwort erstellen

Diesen Beitrag mit Lesezeichen versehen ... | Nach anderen Beiträgen suchen | CAD.de-Newsletter

Administrative Optionen: Beitrag schliessen | Archivieren/Bewegen | Beitrag melden!

Fragen und Anregungen: Kritik-Forum | Neues aus der Community: Community-Forum

(c)2023 CAD.de | Impressum | Datenschutz