Hot News:

Mit Unterstützung durch:

Foren auf CAD.de (alle Foren)
  SolidWorks Simulation
  CE PED DVGW

Antwort erstellen  Neues Thema erstellen
CAD.de Login | Logout | Profil | Profil bearbeiten | Registrieren | Voreinstellungen | Hilfe | Suchen

Anzeige:

Darstellung des Themas zum Ausdrucken. Bitte dann die Druckfunktion des Browsers verwenden. | Suche nach Beiträgen nächster neuer Beitrag | nächster älterer Beitrag

16. mav Innovationsforum 2024
Autor Thema:  CE PED DVGW (1041 mal gelesen)
Rudi Roth
Mitglied
Mechanical Engineer

Sehen Sie sich das Profil von Rudi Roth an!   Senden Sie eine Private Message an Rudi Roth  Schreiben Sie einen Gästebucheintrag für Rudi Roth

erstellt am: 16. Feb. 2006 10:21    Editieren oder löschen Sie diesen Beitrag!  <-- editieren / zitieren -->   Antwort mit Zitat in Fett Antwort mit kursivem Zitat    Unities abgeben: 1 Unity (wenig hilfreich, aber dennoch)2 Unities3 Unities4 Unities5 Unities6 Unities7 Unities8 Unities9 Unities10 Unities

Hello Solidworks users,

I have a question about Cosmos. We build application for natural gas. Our applications has to be approved by the DVGW in Bonn.

Is there anybody that has experience with using the results from Cosmos for the approval foundation.

Greetings,

Rudi

Eine Antwort auf diesen Beitrag verfassen (mit Zitat/Zitat des Beitrags) IP

R. Frank
Dipl-Ing. (BA) Masch.-Bau

Sehen Sie sich das Profil von R. Frank an!   Senden Sie eine Private Message an R. Frank  Schreiben Sie einen Gästebucheintrag für R. Frank

Windows 7 Professional - 8 GB RAM
SWX 2012 SP 4.0 64 bit
PDMWorks 2012
FlowSimulation 2012 SP 4.0 - 64 bit
Simulation 2012 - 64 bit

erstellt am: 16. Feb. 2006 11:05    Editieren oder löschen Sie diesen Beitrag!  <-- editieren / zitieren -->   Antwort mit Zitat in Fett Antwort mit kursivem Zitat    Unities abgeben: 1 Unity (wenig hilfreich, aber dennoch)2 Unities3 Unities4 Unities5 Unities6 Unities7 Unities8 Unities9 Unities10 Unities Nur für Rudi Roth 10 Unities + Antwort hilfreich

Hi Rudi.

Welcome to the forum.
It would be nice if you would fill in all your System/Software-data
in your signature.

We produce/sell valves and we had the same question/problem with
the BAM-certified valves.
The answer was:
It is not possible to use the cosmos-data for certification
Only few software-packages an only few FEM-methods are allowed.
(i think the software must be certified ... the best way to find out
more is to ask directly the people of DVGW in Bonn).

(As far as i know MSC-NASTRAN is one of the approved software-
packages).

I remember reading also (wasn't it in the manual or on the homepage
of solidworks or somewhere)... Do not use ONLY cosmos data for
designing your parts. Data from experience and test-data from
"real life" is also needed to get a better picture of the
situation ...

That's also like i understand COSMOS.
It's good enough to give you a first idea if the part is designed
well.
But i wouln't use ONLY this data.

HTHHope this helps (Hoffe, es hilft weiter)

Greetings
Roland

------------------
Antivirus-Software ?
Gibt's da nicht auch was von Ratiopharm ... ?

Wookie
Mitglied
Ing.

Sehen Sie sich das Profil von Wookie an!   Senden Sie eine Private Message an Wookie  Schreiben Sie einen Gästebucheintrag für Wookie

erstellt am: 16. Feb. 2006 11:52    Editieren oder löschen Sie diesen Beitrag!  <-- editieren / zitieren -->   Antwort mit Zitat in Fett Antwort mit kursivem Zitat    Unities abgeben: 1 Unity (wenig hilfreich, aber dennoch)2 Unities3 Unities4 Unities5 Unities6 Unities7 Unities8 Unities9 Unities10 Unities Nur für Rudi Roth 10 Unities + Antwort hilfreich

This true for all analysis packages. Remember - simulation is just a simulation - it is NOT reality.

As far as using Cosmos to "prove" anything and its acceptance as an approved software....I don't want to give a wrong answer. It is true that some authorities say "we have approved such and such a software" but that does not usually mean that other softwares are not OK.
Most of the time, it is just like in the CAD world - the authority doing the certification has NASTRAN or something else in use, and therefore wants everyone else to use it as well, sometimes the reason is as simple as the fact that the person doing the approvals is an expirienced user of a particular software, so they are more comfortable taking results from this software.

In any case - before going out to buy some expensive software, have a talk with the people doing the approving. Perhaps you can get some kind of idea if they would be willing to accept results from another system...maybe not....

I often get asked if Cosmos can calculate pressure vessels according to EU Norm number 55 or something like that. Its important to realize that (as far as I am aware) there is no software with an "EU Norm 55" button in it. The norm most often describes what type of analysis must be done, what the loads are that must be withstood, and often also how the results must be presented. Often they even contain formulas and simplifications that try to approximate things that happen in the model that are actually much more complicated in reality than the formulas show. This is because some norms were designed before analysis was even possible. Quite often, these kinds of norms provide results that even the simplest analysis tools can beat! - But - since that is the norm, we still have to do it the old way. Sometimes - analysis tools cannot help fulfill the norm in any way at all, because of this.

Sooooooo - Talk to the people doing the approving. Remember - all finite element codes do the same thing (generally) and in general, what one can do, the others can too - so see if you can convince the people that really, any software could do it, as long as its used correctly. Good luck.

Anzeige.:

Anzeige: (Infos zum Werbeplatz >>)

Darstellung des Themas zum Ausdrucken. Bitte dann die Druckfunktion des Browsers verwenden. | Suche nach Beiträgen

nächster neuerer Beitrag | nächster älterer Beitrag
Antwort erstellen

Diesen Beitrag mit Lesezeichen versehen ... | Nach anderen Beiträgen suchen | CAD.de-Newsletter

Administrative Optionen: Beitrag schliessen | Archivieren/Bewegen | Beitrag melden!

Fragen und Anregungen: Kritik-Forum | Neues aus der Community: Community-Forum

(c)2024 CAD.de | Impressum | Datenschutz