Hot News:

Mit Unterstützung durch:

Foren auf CAD.de (alle Foren)
  ANSYS
  Meshing a human intervertebral disc in Ansys WB 13

Antwort erstellen  Neues Thema erstellen
CAD.de Login | Logout | Profil | Profil bearbeiten | Registrieren | Voreinstellungen | Hilfe | Suchen

Anzeige:

Darstellung des Themas zum Ausdrucken. Bitte dann die Druckfunktion des Browsers verwenden. | Suche nach Beiträgen nächster neuer Beitrag | nächster älterer Beitrag

Gut zu wissen: Hilfreiche Tipps und Tricks aus der Praxis prägnant, und auf den Punkt gebracht für Ansys
Autor Thema:  Meshing a human intervertebral disc in Ansys WB 13 (1932 mal gelesen)
Schaerli
Mitglied
Biomedizinischer Ingenieur

Sehen Sie sich das Profil von Schaerli an!   Senden Sie eine Private Message an Schaerli  Schreiben Sie einen Gästebucheintrag für Schaerli

Ansys WB 13 64 Bit

erstellt am: 25. Aug. 2011 11:05    Editieren oder löschen Sie diesen Beitrag!  <-- editieren / zitieren -->   Antwort mit Zitat in Fett Antwort mit kursivem Zitat    Unities abgeben: 1 Unity (wenig hilfreich, aber dennoch)2 Unities3 Unities4 Unities5 Unities6 Unities7 Unities8 Unities9 Unities10 Unities

IVD_Mesh.PNG

REinf265_Ausrichtung.PNG

Hello Everybody

I'm new in this Forum and I've read some very interesting threads in here. Therefore I thought someone could probably help me with a problem I have in meshing a human intervertebral disc (IVD) in Ansys WB 13.

First i might explain you some basics about an IVD (see picture). The Disc is composed of mainly 4 different structures. The cartilaginous endplates on the bottom and the top of the disc (green), the incompressible - jelly like "nucleus pulposus" in the center of de IVD (red) and the "anulus fibrosus" (orange). As you can see in the picture, the IVD has already been meshed with mostly Hex-Elements.

The materials of the nucleus and the endplates are represented by two different mostly incompressible, linear material laws.

The anulus fibrosus is based on a hyper-elastic mooney-rivlin material law. Because the ground substance of the anulus can't bearly take any tractive forces (in truth), the substance is reinfoced by tensional fibres in a criss-cross pattern of 30 resp. 150 degrees to the horizontal (transversal plane) (see picture http://www.juliawilliams.co.uk/Prolapsed_intervertebral_Disc_files/Disc%20fibres.jpg).

My problem ist now, that i want to implement this fibres all around the anulus fibrosus. This means that every orange Hex-Element needs to be reinforced by these fibres. For that reason I wrote some APDL Code (I'm just learning this script language and I'm still a beginner in writing this kind of code...):

----------
/prep7

!Materialmodell für die eingebetteten Fasern
MP,EX,1500,500
MP,PRXY,1500,0.3

!Reinf265 Elemente
SECTYPE,100,REINF,SMEAR

!Material ID 150, A = 0.03 , S = 0.2, KCN = 20, THETA = 30/150, PATT = ELEf
SECDATA,1500,0.03,0.2,20,30,ELEf,3,0.5
!SECDATA,1500,0.03,0.2,20,150,ELEf,3,0.5

!Fasern sollen nur Zugkraefte aufnehmen
SECCONTROLS,1

secn,100

*DO,i,1,48,1
esel,s,mat,,IVDL2L3_%i%
EREINF
*ENDDO

etlist,all
alls

/solu

----------

The code works and the Reinf265 elements will be created. But, the problem is now, that the "planes" in the HEX-Elements, where the reinf elements will be created in, are not alligned all the same. That means that some fibres lie in the horizontal plane, some in the side plan and so on (see picture above).

I think the problem can be solved by line up the Hex-Elements respectively the sides of the HEX-Elements all in the same direction. This must be done during or right before the meshing of the IVD I think.

Can somebody help me with that? I would appreciate every help, hint and comment  smile.

Greetings from Switzerland,

Christian S.

PS: You can reply me in german :-)

Eine Antwort auf diesen Beitrag verfassen (mit Zitat/Zitat des Beitrags) IP

Anzeige.:

Anzeige: (Infos zum Werbeplatz >>)

Darstellung des Themas zum Ausdrucken. Bitte dann die Druckfunktion des Browsers verwenden. | Suche nach Beiträgen

nächster neuerer Beitrag | nächster älterer Beitrag
Antwort erstellen

Diesen Beitrag mit Lesezeichen versehen ... | Nach anderen Beiträgen suchen | CAD.de-Newsletter

Administrative Optionen: Beitrag schliessen | Archivieren/Bewegen | Beitrag melden!

Fragen und Anregungen: Kritik-Forum | Neues aus der Community: Community-Forum

(c)2023 CAD.de | Impressum | Datenschutz